A challenge that's more of a classic than Charles Dickens - Adam's TBR Pile Challenge! The rules are here, but basically it's just this: to finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months). This is always a slightly daunting challenge, but here goes...
- The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire: An Abridged Version by Edward Gibbon.
- Childhood, Boyhood, Youth by Leo Tolstoy.
- The Good Soldier Švejk by Jaroslav Hašek.
- The Paston Letters.
- A Journal of the Plague Year by Daniel Defoe.
- Zofloya, or The Moor by Charlotte Dacre.
- Romola by George Eliot.
- Orlando Furioso by Ludovico Ariosto.
- The Story of the Stone Vol. I: The Golden Days by Cao Xueqin.
- Characters by Jean de la Bruyère.
- Tarr by Wyndham Lewis.
- The Moon and Sixpence by W. Somerset Maugham.
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
- Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.
Wish me luck - I've got some tricky reads on here!